Mar 26, 2009

Asleep at the wheel...

Wow! I've been MIA! I haven't blogged since the FOTP in November? Slacker! The funny thing is that it's NOT for lack of things to talk about. In fact I've been busier than ever. So what's the problem? Well there are many reasons but let's just move forward at this point... I've been wondering how I'd get back on the horse and how I'd explain the GAP but screw it, let's just get on with it...and let me condense the last 4 months here. I think I'll let the pictures do the talking. Aran & Giana really got into Christmas this year and were busy little "helpers" when it came to putting up our lights. It was nice to see their smiles when we were all done! We even got to see Santa this year! After Christams we made our annual trip to Texas to see the family. It's always good to get back and get some Garza family time! Not only do we get to spend time with my Mom but we also scare up the rest of my brothers and sisters so my Mom gets to see them as well. She LOVES seeing her family gather for such occasions. As a parent, I can appreciate why now... The last few years have been hard on my Mom physically and it doesn't help that her stubborness outweighs her desire to follow her doctor's orders. I remember taking many trips to Texas and thinking as I left: "Will I ever see my father again?" because of his failing health. I find myself having these thoughts again...I'm grateful for the time my children get to spend with their Grandma (time they didn't get with my Dad) and hope that she's around for many more years...

Well, I signed up for the PF Chang's Half-marathon again but somehow managed to forget to train for it. I had NOT run since my birthday challenge back in early November. As we rolled into January I decided that it was too late to "train" and it would be a better idea to simply injure myself during the actual event instead of right before it. I'm a moron I know...and I was actually worried that it would be really, really UGLY and even wondered if I might have to walk or worse! Last year I was all gung ho and fired up for my first half-marathon. I really trained and prepared but this year it just wasn't in me. I was a bit worked over from the FOTP and took some "time off" and the next thing I know it's time for the race. I ran a 2:15 compared to last year's 1:52 but the funny thing is that I actually felt better at the end! Maybe I'm on to something! Slower is better? :) I'll run it again next year and YES, I will train this time!

Giana turned 3! We no longer have any babies. She has grown SO much in the last year. She loved her party and is such a GIRL now. It's pretty cool having a pair of toddlers now. She and Aran play so well together. It's amazing to listen to the two of them communicating with each other - especially when they are making each other laugh!

We took a trip up to the Grand Canyon and played tour guide to some of Amy's family from Minnesota. I totally understand out-of-staters wanting to see such a site but I had to laugh at folks coming from Minnesota wanting to go up to the COLD on their vacation. It was Aran & Giana's first trip to the Canyon and they were troopers.
The kids love getting to play in the snow and build a snowman. Aran was happy to get another chance to cross-country ski. Amy took him out behind the cabin. OK so I only managed 3 months! March is to be continued....

2 comments:

Billy Befoot said...

Welcome back sorry I missed you guys at the Spring Fling

Peace, Billy

Gina said...

FACEBOOK! That's why! Don't even try to deny it. I'm just glad to see this entry. VERY cool, primo.